Monday, July 20, 2009

Serendipity, dreams, and intuitions, how can they help you?

Some times, some things that happen to you are not favorable. You call them problems. Some of you will see a problem as a challenge, an exiting opportunity to prove yourself and to put your creativity and other talents in to test, some others will take a problem for a temporary draw back, a necessary evil, and once settled, everything will be back to the way it always had been. A problem can even be a tremendous obstacle of life for some of you. It all depends on how you look at and react to the problem, rather than severity of the problem. My intention right now is to discuss how you should go about solving a problem.

When a problem occurs, you may study it, gather facts and tools for solving it, and get help from others too. You might take a trial and error approach too, and it’s a possibility that some of you will even get depressed, and try to run away from it.

But there are some very powerful tools that can be used to solve problems, but they are taken for granted by most people. Can you recall a time, when you had a problem, that some coincident occurred that solved it even with out much of your own effort. Every body has that kind of experience and I will tell you about one of my own. I wanted to start an online business, but I got stuck because I was a complete newbie and there were a lot of things that I couldn’t understand. But my past experience told me help was on the way somewhere, and was I correct!!! A good friend and a colleague of mine gave me an instructional CD, which he had come to possess by accident. It gave me all the fundamental information I needed and links to all other information which wasn’t there. This phenomenon is called serendipity.

The other is called intuition, or instinct. There again I can give an example of my own. When I just finished schooling, I didn’t exactly know which way to go. But I had an interest in learning languages. My instinct told me that this interest was the way to go. So I decided to learn some English, that being a much used second language in my country and an international language. So I took a course that went on for two years, and I got selected for a two-year diploma in speech therapy, conducted mainly by a team of British professionals, and I’m now happily employed in the government health sector in my country, having completed that training successfully. A working knowledge of English was one of the essential qualifications for the recruitment of the course.

I don’t have any personal experience of the third phenomenon, but I know of people who have used it to solve their problems. Have you ever had a dream with a clue to solve a problem in it? Help comes in that way for some people when they are a sleep.

So, how could you optimize the use of serendipity, intuition, and dreams? Think back and make a list of such situations that you have experienced. Go through the list and pick the most frequent and apparent type/types out of it. That’s the particular thing for you. From now on, be alert and sensitive to such occurrences in your life and put them in to use. The more you use them, the more frequent and apparent their occurrence will be.

I told you his so that it will save you much hassle in solving your problems. By all means continue to apply your own problem solving techniques that have worked, just be more sensitive to serendipity, dreams and intuition so that things will be easier for you.

No comments: